Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Lessons of Firefly ..."


Ta
ke my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...


~Joss Whedon

Theme of Firefly

Yes, I did my class. Saturday morning at 8:30am. It was as much fun as always with a crew of Browncoats who looked from where I was standing to be having a good time. Joss Whedon is a great writer, and Firefly is a great way to learn excellent writing skills. Watch it enough and you will see the character development, world building, and most especially, dialogue:

"That's why I never kiss them on the mouth."
~Jayne Cobb
"Our Mrs. Reynolds.


Great show and it is always a pleasure to stand up in front of a group of excited people and share...

No comments:

Post a Comment